The Mission of Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski
Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski is the main national high academic, research, cultural and information center of high international reputation.
- The University is exemplary in terms of its scietific research and educational activities, both of them enjoying wide cultural and social significance.
- The University forms the nucleus of the Bulgarian scientific and cultural elite and enlightens the Bulgarian national self-consciousness.
- The University contributes significantly to the Bulgarian participation in the global development of science and education.
- The University plays an active role in preparing and conducting policies of national, regional and international significance.
Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski has the mision to safeguard, enrich and carry through the centuries the spirit of knowledge and the aspirations of humanity to knowledge and truth. The University is the center of the development of science and the education of students in all domains of life; it also cultivates highly educated, nationally responsible personalities who will lead the Bulgarian nation to spiritual feats and social welfare.
The Vision of Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski
The University's objective is to assert its role as an academic, scientific and cultural center of European standing.
- The educational programs of Sofia University must constantly meet European quality standards and approximate the leading world criteria.
- The University aims at maintaining the level of the best practices in the development, management and the implementation of scientific achievements in vitally important walks of social life and in the life of the separate individual.
- The University will continue to expand its pivotal role in the setting up and development of projects, policies and strategies for the development of the country.
- The University does its best to assert its leadership position in education, science and the key projects in social development.
All that the University will achieve by adhering to:
- The principle of professionalism, i.e. top professional competence and impeccable professional performance both by faculty and personnel;
- The principle of focussing the activities on the stakeholders, the clients and the users of educational services and the activities offered by the University;
- The principle of continuous improvement and quest for better quality;
- The principle of prevention on the basis of on-going monitoring, analysis and prognostication that will help avoid the occurrence of negative events in the activities and the educational services.