Home / The University / Faculties / Faculty of Economics and Business Administration / News / Student research: Location continues to be key in outsourcing and offshoring services




The characteristics of the location to which activities are exported is still a key after the onset of the pandemic, despite the widespread use of the "work from home" model, according to a study conducted by Lillian Asenova, a student in the Outsourcing Projects and Companies master's program.


The study on "Choosing a location for offshoring before and after the pandemic" was conducted online in the period December 2020-January 2021. The main question to be answered is whether in a pandemic location is considered an important factor and, if yes, why.

51% of respondents say that they think offshore location is not essential after the start of Covid-19, because the digitalization of most major processes allows them to take place without being limited geographically. But the other 49% of respondents say they think the location is important, as working from home presupposes technological and purely domestic conditions that not every destination offers. Many countries, including leaders in outsourcing and offshoring rankings such as India and the Philippines, do not have a stable internet connection and electricity. That is why countries with well-developed infrastructure are starting to attract more client companies and their popularity is growing.

The research was conducted within the course "Management of outsourcing projects and companies", led by Dr. Hristina Stoyanova. The course has a strong practical orientation, as students consider real business cases and conduct their own research in Bulgarian and foreign companies.